Jeremy Radio

Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Typical Mormon Saturday?

Yesterday was a hectic day for sure. One would think that Saturday would be a breather from the previous five days, but not so. The alarm blared @ 0530 and I begrudgingly arose. First on the docket, the ward's Boy Scout Pancake Breakfast to raise money for Scout Camp. I had the dubious responsibilty of towing the giant griddle to the church due to the large mass of car that I own. (Suburban) So after I got the boys up because they had to help with the setup, off to the church we went. I followed the YM Pres to the home of griddle pick-up (which was a smart move on his part; he probably has heard the legends of my extraordinary navigational skills) and once they figured out how to unhook it from my vehicle, the pancakes where flying like hotcakes. (?) The breakfast kicked off at 8am and an hour later, before the auction started, it was off to Tucson for the quorum's Deseret Industries assignment. So me and three other members of the quorum sped off in my car to Tucson. After moving a bunch of boxes and rearranging their shelving in the book section (which was a good excuse for perusing the section as well; man, I got quite a few books for a meager total of $5.50), we hit lunch at one of those build-your-own-burrito-type places somewhere on Broadway and, after eating myself into slight coma, began the drive home. Thank heaven for Scott & Ben's homestead exit or I seriously would have ran out of gas before I hit Benson.

Once back in town, and after I had dropped everyone off at their respective homes, I looked down at my watch and realized I had about 25 minutes to get home, change into church clothes(which, of course, were nowhere near ready) and get to the Stake Center for the Stake Priesthood Leadership Meeting from 4-6pm. I somehow made it before the opening song. The Adult Session followed an hour later and I about fell asleep on the stand in the back of the choir. Of course it was "real fun" as I got to drop the news that I am moving to the Stake Presidency.

"President Howe, how are you?"

"Hi, I'm moving in two months."

Perhaps they breathed a sigh of relief as now they could release the slacker that I am without having to pretend it wasn't due to my incompetence. I saved them the trouble of having to concoct some "nicer" way of getting rid of me. ("Well, we really need someone to be the ward magazine rep...") The Tucson Mission President spoke (or maybe that was today, can't remember) and after ticking Linda off, my greatest, most natural talent,(another subplot woven throughout the day, but that's another story) I drove home and fell into bed. I woke up a couple hours later and stared at the ceiling until morning. I hate moving. Anxiety blows!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I would say Saturday was awful but Sarah's bridal shower was way fun. Too bad you couldn't be there! And I never get mad at you. I am way too mature for that.